Wednesday, March 5, 2008

We're on lockdown!

My cerclage surgery was last Friday, everything went well in that aspect. I don't have any cramping and only a little bleeding. The spinal was really surreal - I'm watching them lifting my legs into the stirrups and no feeling A THING - it was wierd.

The worst part of the day, and why I'm very lucky to have had the cerclage at all, is that I got my daughters stomach flu that morning. As of 9 PM I'd vomitted 10 times. 5 of which was from the drive to the hospital until I was in the operating room. 1 of which was in the middle of surgery! I notified my doctor of the virus I had and she wanted to go ahead with it as I wasn't running a fever or anything - this TOTALLY surprised me. They gave me nearly 20 mg. of Zofran through my IV and I was still vomitting. Of course, I wasn't allowed to eat anything because of the surgery so it was mostly dry heaving. Try doing that on your back... it sucked big time. They gave me an u/s as soon as the surgery was done and it was a little sad to see the baby had moved to the very other side of my uterus from my cervix - it must have 'needed' to move from all the 'work' they were doing down there. I hope s/he is ok now!

I lingered around the house all weekend (doctors orders) trying to recoup after all the vomitting but it was not easy. It's hard for me to not have control - so it was hard to see the table a mess, my daughter still in PJs and dishes in the sink. If I get put on bedrest there is going to be ALOT of tension between hubby and I when it comes to the house work...

I have my post-op appointment tomorrow and hopefully everything looks good. I didn't get ANY antibiotics (IV or take home) and I'm worried about infection. I'm on pelvic rest for the remainder of the pregnancy now (no sex, poor hubby!) and have to refrain from picking up anything over 20 lbs. Arianna weighs in at 22 and is a very needy kid, so this won't be easy - she already screams at daycare when I won't pick her up immediately... and its hard on me, I want to pick her up!

So the new bean baby is on lockdown - ordered not to come out for AT least another 24 weeks!

0 comments: