Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rant...

Ok, you get to listen to me rant for a little while - hope you don't mind!

I'm in pain, every freakin' day. They call it normal 'round ligament pain' but I call it torture! Sitting hurts, standing hurts, bending over hurts, getting up from the floor hurts. But mentally it hurts too because I'm in the danger zone now - 18 weeks and every single ache and pain sends my mind racing! Is this a contraction? Is the fullness I'm feeling because I'm funneled to the cerclage?

I knew that this pregnancy wouldn't be 'fun' but I was really hoping to keep my exposure a little bit more. I feel like crying. Monday I was sitting on the floor reading books to Arianna (her favorite thing!) and when we were done I tried getting up and my left hip sort of locked up on me and I couldn't get up. It was so painful, for only a few seconds, that I was too scared to move. I screamed and then just started crying - not because it hurt after the initial pain but because I was so scared. I hate being scared that I could lose this pregnancy at any moment - I have no reason to really be worried, so far everything is fine! I'm doing this to myself!

We have our 'big ultrasound' tomorrow. Will finding out the sex help me bond better with my baby? I really want to be surprised on delivery day but will knowing help me have a more 'normal' pregnancy? I'm starting to feel kicks now (despite my anterior placenta) and its very reassuring but I question even those movements - the baby rolls over, is that minute amount of pressure a contraction?

I don't know what will help my anxiety. Therapy? Drugs? No, I won't be taking any medication to help this. I've been through much worse in my life and didn't need medication - I can get through this without causing potential harm to my baby. But maybe its time for therapy again...

1 comments:

WeeOnesMommy said...

Oh Jen Oh Jen, Rant away...
I know the feelings you hare having, I had them with ever pregnancy and with every one it got worse and worse. When I was pregnant with Aiden I asked why it felt like (sorry for the TMI) my crotch was going to fall out! FOr the love of god it hurt to walk, my hips hurts, to sit to stand, to move around to much.. I hated it. Eventually it got a bit better but not much, I just got so use to the pain that it was "normal" to me.

I had real bad back pain and hip pain with the twin pregnancy and didn't sleep well at all toward the end. I thought it would go away but they are 6 months old and hate to say it I am finally seeing a doctor for it Friday cause some days it gets to the point like you said I just dry and can't move.

With Aiden it was just pregnancy related and went away after he was born, it took a little while but then I was back to normal. This time I don't know what's wrong and it obviously isn't pregnancy related cause when you get to the point you have to take pain meds and wait 30 mins for them to kick in before you can get out of bed there is a problem. On top of the stress of not sleeping and losing my dad (thank you so much for your comment by the way) I can't imagine why I feel so tired and stressed out right?! lol

Well hang in there girl and let me know what you have. We are getting closer and closer every day to moving down your way. Can't wait to scrap book together and have a friend who can relater to a preemie..

I will talk to you soon
Hang Tough and in the end it's so worth it...

Hugs,
Jessie