Monday, April 7, 2008

17 weeks

I went away on a retreat with some friends this weekend, but before I left I went to my doctors office to get my first 17P injection. I had to see a doctor, which surprised me because I thought all my appointments were supposed to be with the same doctor to avoid mis communication etc. It was Dr. Brodsky who was the admitting doctor the day I went into labor with Arianna - she's not my favorite because of her rather crass bedside manner but she was pleasant and the appointment went well because I got to hear the bean baby on doppler for the first time!! It was a great sound!

The appointment was super quick and then I had to wait around for almost 45 minutes for my shot. I only went to this appointment for the shot so I was really annoyed that I was there for more than an hour - really annoyed because one of my friends was waiting for me to get home so we could drive to our retreat. I'll have to ask at my appointment this week if I really need to see a doctor and then wait around for an available nurse to give me the injection. I was really hoping to avoid weekly appointments this pregnancy!

I'm not going to lie - the shot hurt! My butt was sore all weekend! But if it works I'm not going to complain! I have another shot this week on the other side so now both butt cheeks can be sore, ya!

This week we have our structural ultrasound when they could tell us the gender - but we're not going to find out this time, we'll let it be a surprise. The most important part of this appointment is that I will find out what my current cervical length is - I haven't had a trans-vaginal ultrasound to check its length since before my cerclage was placed; my doctor has just been doing manual exams so I'm anxious to hear that NOTHING has changed. I had no change in my cervical length until after 20 weeks with Arianna (my last ultrasound was at 20 weeks) and I'm hoping for the same here. I'll be talking to my doctor about starting Vitamin C this week to help ward off pPROM which has a high occurrence when cervical funneling is present (as is typical from this point on in IC patients with and without a cerclage)

I'm starting to get more anxious as the time goes by because I feel so much more sore in my hips than I remember being with Arianna. On top of that I'm getting HORRIBLE leg cramps at night
and feel so old! I'm praying really hard for good news this week and would appreciate any good thoughts from my readers!

0 comments: