Friday, February 22, 2008

Week 11

Week 11 is already here - where has the time gone?! Things are better, overall with my morning sickness but still not perfect. I find that most of the time I eat stuff, thinking I want it, only to find it tastes horrible and then I feel sick. Not fun. But I'll take that over all day nausea!

I find the hormones are totally wrecking with my patience. Last night we went to dinner (cause the thought of cooking was gross to me) at a local restaurant and ordered Arianna's macaroni and cheese immediately. Of course, she finished her food before ours arrived and wanted to get down and run around. Um... no. So she whined and cried which of course set me off cause I can't stand the thought of other people staring at us wondering why we took such an unruly child to dinner. So we spent dinner hurriedly trying to eat our food and keep her entertained. It didn't work and we ended up leaving before we were done. I was so made at her for being such a brat! Why? Its perfectly normal for her age to have acted like that. It seems the new baby is already zapping my patience!

The next week is my last week of freedom - things will definitely change after my cerclage. I'll be doing my own sort of modified bed rest and will be relying on family/friends to help me more. I think things will still be hectic until after we come back from vacation but then its 'feet up' for me!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while searching for some info on the FETAL study. My 3rd child was born at 25 weeks, after I PROM'd at 22 weeks, so I fully understand your fears about being pregnant again after having a preemie. Our daughter spent over 4 months in the NICU, and is currently a very active 2 1/2 year old. She does have some medical concerns (significant GERD, slow weight gain, chronic lung disease - she was on home oxygen for almost 2 years) and some mild developmental delays, but all-in-all we feel pretty lucky to have her, especially since the NICU docs gave her a life expenctancy of 2-3 days when she was born!! I went on to have another healthy term pregnancy (my 1st 2 children were born at term, but I also have had 4 miscarriages) in November 2006 and we are currently expecting #5, due in early October. You sound like you are educating yourself, which is so important. With my last pregnancy, even though I was followed by a wonderful MFM group at a large academic medical center, I still had to be an advocate for myself and my unborn baby. But I was fortunate to have a great provider who gave me a lot of mental hand-holding and enough clinical reassurance (through every other week visits, cervical checks, u/s, 17-OHP shots, etc) to get me through a very nerve-wracking pregnancy, a term delivery, and another beautiful, healthy baby girl. I am a few weeks behind you this time (I think I am around 7-8 weeks currently), and am still in denial that I am acutally pregnant again. For some reason today, I started rereading my journal detailling the 3 weeks I spent on hospital bedrest prior to my preemie's delivery, and the 100+ days she spent in the NICU. It brought back many memories (good and bad), got a healthy dose of pregnancy hormones (i.e. tears) flowing, and inspired me to do some more research to see if there have been any advances in the field of premature births. We recently moved so I do not have access to the wonderful MFM group that delivered both my preemie and my after-preemie babies, so I am a bit nervous about that, but I am hopeful that with God's grace, my OB's knowledge (and patience to put up with my insecurities), we will get through another pregnancy and hopefully have a positive outcome. I wish you all the best with your upcoming cerclage, and look forward to hearing more of your updates! Oh, and enjoy your cruise! My hubby and I just got back from one a few weeks ago, and it was AWESOME!!! I would go every month if I could!

GNeumann