Friday, February 8, 2008

Week 9

I made it to week 9 and I'm not having a good time. Earlier this week I think hubby and I got food poisoning - it was like morning sickness times 10. I ended up leaving work at noon to come home and crash into bed until 3. And then we were BOTH in bed at 7:30 that night. The only thing I could eat was a baked potato and I got so sick afterwards - it was horrible. Now I'm just back to my normal all day nausea and I can't wait for it to go away!

I had my first appointment with the OBs in my group on Monday. I dislike this particular OB that I saw - she was the one that admitted me when Arianna was born and her attitude turned me off then and now. She came into the room and said "So do you have any questions for me?"... um... a TON! And I told her so. She said (this is great) "Well, we'll watch you extra closely this time....". I cut her off right there. Why did I have a preconception appointment to discuss a cerclage when, at my first appointment, they'd ignore that?! I told her "No! That's what we did last time and we 'watched closely' as I had a 28 weeker!"... and she actually said "well, what do you want us to do?".

Oh geez.

So anyway, I have my cerclage scheduled for 12 weeks exactly on February 29th, a Friday. I can still go on my cruise scheduled for 2 weeks after that. So I have a pre-op and regular OB appointment on the 20th to start. I haven't met the doctor that will do my cerclage so I'm happy to have this appointment. On the 25th I have my nuchal translucency ultrasound and blood test and then cerclage on the 29th. I'm a little upset that my surgery isn't until 3 PM. I don't think I can eat ALL DAY because of it... yuck.

Otherwise things are going as well as can be expected and I just hope all this morning sickness is over by 11 weeks. With my first 11 weeks was the point where I felt normal again... so fingers crossed! Just two more weeks!

Thank you for all the wonderful emails! I read them all but haven't had a chance to reply. My morning sickness includes bad headaches that are light sensitive and I don't like to stare at a computer screen any longer than absolutely necessary - which is hard seeing as I'm a computer programmer - but you WILL get a reply, just give me a few days to feel better!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Best of luck with the cerclage!! I am surprised you can go on a cruise- but that is a good thing. Enjoy!! I will be checking in again soon. Hope the morning sickness gets better- take care.