Monday, June 23, 2008

28 weeks...

Yesterday I was 28/3 - the day I went into labor with Arianna so I'm a little teary eyed yesterday and today. At 5 o'clock I was driving to the ER with DH thinking they'd just give me some meds and send me home. The nice nurse in the ER had me give a UA sample and get changed and no sooner did I get back to the bed the resident checked me and told me I was 'paper thin' effaced at 100% and 4 cm. I wasn't going to leave the hospital and she would be born very soon. For some strange reason I was more excited than not and when the resident tried to calm me down I stupidly said "I was born really early and I'm fine... she'll be fine too". I've learned so much since that day.

I was wheeled up to L&D and they immediately gave me the first steroid shot and it seems that the exam the resident gave me really sent me into full labor - the pain was UNBEARABLE! Within an hour I had an epidural and the onslaught of Social workers/NICU staff/Nurses/OB Medicine and OB staff would infiltrate my room throwing all sorts of info at us but I was too scared to really listen.

She was born at 6:43 AM on 28/5 - so if I can make it to 28/5 and still be pregnant I've reached my first goal - to make it past where she was born.

I have a growth u/s and meeting with my doc tomorrow afternoon - I am very optimistic everything will be fine but still have my fingers crossed, just in case.

0 comments: