Friday, June 13, 2008

Third Trimester!!

I did it - I made it to the 3rd trimester. Only 12 days until I can say I'm my most pregnant. I can't believe how time has FLOWN! Wow!

I was just sending an email to my husband today saying how I'm glad we'll have all our debts (minus my 2006 Toyota) paid off next month so we can actually have some money to buy baby things because we haven't purchased ANYTHING yet. I feel bad in a way. At this point in my first pregnancy we had finished the nursery and had lots of baby things. This baby is already second best and s/he isn't even here yet!

Oh well - its more important that we pay off our debts so I can stay home with minimal stress when the baby arrives.

I had my 1 hour gestational diabetes test this morning - I hate that test, its so pointless. I'm sure I'll fail it again like I did with Arianna and I'm really not looking forward to doing the 3 hour. I didn't get to do the 3 hour with her because she was born the day I was scheduled to take it - oh well! I was good and watched my diet closely for 3 days prior to the test so I hope it makes a difference. I only failed my 1 hour by a few points last time but had a huge carb loaded breakfast before hand. This time I enjoyed a yogurt and water so I hope it makes the difference!

I had my 17P shot and they're getting so much more tolerable now - maybe its because I'm more vocal about how they should administer the shots or just that I'm used to them, but either way its good. Only 8 more shots! WOo HoO!

I have an appointment on Tuesday and then we make a plan for the rest of the pregnancy. Since I'm in the 3rd trimester I'm out of the 'incompetant cervix' danger zone and if my cervical length is favorable we can pretty much rest assured it won't be the reason I deliver early if I do.

On the bright side I haven't had any contractions (that I feel anyway) in 2 weeks - how odd considering how the weeks previously had gone. I'm not complaining, its the best news I could report. I'm so optimistic right now. As long as Tuesday's appointment goes well my anxiety level will drop through the floor because I'm doing really well now! Who'd-a-thunk it? :)

0 comments: