Thursday, July 3, 2008

30 Weeks!!

I can't believe I'm in the 30's now! This is AWESOME!

This week I had another OB appointment and u/s. My cervix is still funneled and a little bit shorter at 2.4 cm and it looks like the 'Y' shape I was worried about - meaning its starting to dilate too. Not enough to be worried about, yet. I have another appointment next week and will ask for a dilation check to be sure.

I'm having ALOT of trouble with my asthma lately - to the point where I'm taking my inhaler frequently throughout the day. I'm actually really worried about it. The hospital I will deliver at doesn't do anything BUT OB related stuff. The hospital next to it can handle my Long QT Syndrome (which limits the meds I can take for my asthma) and asthma but hasn't done anything OB related in 50 years... I'm supposed to see OB medicine which is the branch between the two hospitals but at yesterday's appointment they were running so far behind that they had me reschedule my appointment, so I have no OB medicine doc right now.

Add to that the fact that I'm 'moving in' with my parents this weekend because my husband is going to NC for the weekend - and that moves me more than an hour from the hospitals! So, if I have trouble, and I probably will, I think I'll make the trek up to Brigham and Women's hospital in Boston which has a great cardiology deparmtent and OB department and can handle my asthma with my 2 high risk factors. This will create a problem with getting records to my doctors but I don't really care - the 'tangled web' of hospitals down here is a bit too much to deal with right now and I don't want to have to wait for hours at one of the hospitals down here while OB medicine figures out what they're doing...

My ffn is still valid for another week (its predicts 10 to 14 days out), so I'm still pregnant for at least another week! woo hoo!

Next weekend I'm getting professional maternity pictures done and will post them for everyone to see!

Have a great 4th of July!!

3 comments:

abby said...

Hang in there, Jen! You are doing great. Over 30 is fabulous, and the negative ffn is a good sign, too. And I applaud the idea of Brigham and Women's. It would suck to be so far from home and all, but it's a great hospital that can handle everything and at least it's just one state away.

Let us know if there is anything we can do, but meanwhile we're sending prayers, positive vibes, have limbs crossed etc etc. To 32 and beyond, is what I say!

Emily said...

Congrats on being in a week that starts with a 3! You've been such a trooper.

Anonymous said...

Hi There!
I just wanted to leave a quick comment! I am also 30 weeks ( due sept 13th oddly enough ) and have just been diagnosed with a short cervix , measuring 2.4 at an ultrasound done at 28 weeks , They thought I had gone into pre-term labour at 25 weeks , but thankfully my cervix did not open & I did not dilate....Ive been told by both specalists and my regular OB chances are I will not make it past 36 weeks because of the length of my cervix & position of his head.....but 36 weeks sounds better than 25 to me so im happy! :)

I hope all goes well for you & the rest of your pregnancy!....Its insipring to read all you've been through with both your pregnancies!