Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sad...

I'm bored...
and overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done that I refuse to let myself do (cleaning the house for one).

If I spend too much time out of bed I get cramps and contractions but staying in bed is painful too - laying on my side is really painful to my hips and laying on my back is out of the question at this point.

Today our refrigerator decided to break. Shawn had taken Arianna to the playground and all I wanted was something to drink but I came out to a kitchen slowly drowining in melted ice from my freezer. I wasn't about to leave it there! So I got towels and did alot of bending down and picking up and then had to call a repair guy and spend even more time out of bed.

I feel like crying alot of the time. Everything is just so overwhelming, even when Arianna comes into the room to spend time with me she'll want me to help her up onto the bed (when she's perfectly able to climb up herself, of course) and I'll just cry because I can't get up. She'll want out and I have to scream for hubby and that scares her too. Then there's the eye rolls from hubby when I ask him to do something as simple as get me a drink - does he think I like this??! I hate being so dependent on people!!

I saw my OB yesterday - would you believe they're not going to give me the steroid shots?!!! I don't qualify for them anymore at 34 weeks but I'm obviously in danger of delivering soon and I have gestational diabetes which slows lung maturity. Its pretty doubtful I'll make full term so why not give me the shots?

This makes me cry too.

This pregnancy is really overwhelming right now and I don't have anybody to really talk to about it - so I'll just vent here for all of you to read.

Thanks for the sympathetic 'eyes'!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Hang in there! You're doing great! 33 weeks! My personal goal is 32 so wow, I admire where you are and yes, it's easy for me to say that the bedrest will be over before you know it but think of the great benefit to your baby! How about investing in a small "dorm size" refrigerator for your bedroom? Then you can get your own drinks.

Can your doc prescribe PT for you while on bedrest? It's worth a shot.

That stinks about the steroids - anyway to convince them otherwise?

Thinking of you daily - you're my inspiration! Keep up the good work and keep your eye on the prize!

Melissa
Mom to 24 weeker, Charlotte Marie
8w 3d with 1st TAC pregnancy!!!

Jessi said...

You are an inspiration to me too -- hang in there! You are doing and AMAZING job and you are VERY strong. You can do this!

Jessi
(Mom to Alden, born at 26 weeks)

blogauthor said...

I'm still peeking in at you and am very impressed and inspired!

Anonymous said...

My fabulous son (25w 1d) came into my life suddenly in 2005 when I went into labor 15 weeks early. 120days, 4 surgeries, and countless setbacks later, he was finally discharged from the NICU. It was an uphill battle for a couple of years, but he seems to have no lasting issues from his premature birth.

Three and a half years later, I'm still afraid to have baby #2. We want more children, but the fear of another preemie and the chaos it brings is overwhelming. I check your blog often to find out how you and your baby are. It gives me hope to know that things can be different the second time around when you are "Pregnant After Preemie."

Please hang in there. As you know, every day means so much to that little life inside you. Try to be strong. You are an inspiration to me, sad days and all.