Monday, July 7, 2008

Jinx!

I wrote my last post about an hour before I left the office for the weekend.

We were getting our house exterminated for carpenter ants and I was getting home about 30 minutes earlier than my husband and the exterminator so I could make sure everything was all set to pack up and wrangle the cats into carriers - hubby knew I wasn't doing any of the actual work, just getting everything lined up for him to do it. Well, I get home and the exterminator was there early and already putting the chemicals on the outside of the house! He arrived early so he could start his vacation early - so I had to run in and wrangle the cats and do EVERYTHING before hubby and my mom arrived to help. It was alot of work and I was stupid for doing it...

We got out of the house with the cats on time and I drove hubby back to his office so he could leave his car at the house when he was in NC... so I've got the cats in the back of the car for the next 4 hours and 3 adults crammed into my corolla (oh ya, with a carseat taking up a seat...). I dropped off hubby and was already having lots of contractions. Thankfully I had an appointment for my 17P shot so my mom and I drove there. She was coming with me so that she could stay in the cats while the car was running with the AC on. I had 3 hours between taking him back to work and picking him up to the airport and OF COURSE I would spend that at the office... I got my shot and an exam.

I'm 1/2 - 1 cm. dilated and contracting. I'm on bedrest at home now and had to go to the hospital Thursday night for an ultrasound and meds to stop any contractions ( I had 3-4 dozen of very painful contractions over the course of 4 hours). I got there about 6 PM after picking up Arianna at daycare, dropping off the cats at the house and driving up to my parents (only to turn around and go back to the hospital) I was super worried 'this was it' when I got to the hospital
but thankfully my u/s was the same as earlier in the week and the contractions had stopped by the time I got on the monitors...

The the doctor came in and gave me some 'perspective'. She yelled at me for 10 minutes...

I guess I needed to hear it - as I vented to her about everything I have to do at home with my 2 year old she counter-acted with "You have a husband and family and friends to help, you have more important things to do right now and that is stay in bed... allow other people to do everything, you do nothing but lay in bed"

I stayed with my parents and they put Arianna in a diaper all weekend... it was really hard to 'allow that' considering how hard we've worked on potty training (successfully!) for more than a month.

This is going to be really hard so expect to read lots of venting here!

3 comments:

abby said...

Jen,

I'm glad everything turned out okay, though this sounds like a pretty nightmarish scenario.

Don't worry about Arianna's toilet training---in the larger scheme of things a few weeks or months won't matter in the least. Please take care of yourself this week. We'd love to see you get to the big 4-0 or somewhere darned close to it!

Keeping you in our thoughts!

23wktwinsmommy said...

You must have been terrified. I'm glad everything ended up being pretty ok.
I'm sorry things are tough. But we are here to listen to venting and to give you any virtual support we can.
Hang in there!!!

liz.mccarthy said...

I've been on bedrest since week 30 myself (having been on bedrest for my first pregnancy from weeks 17-until delivery at 26). I'm 33w now. (have complete placentia previa)

its REALLY hard this time around, with a micro preemie toddler, everyone too is offering to help me, I'm taking them up on it as much as I can, but had to hire help to take care of my toddler.

Congrats for keeping the little one inside you still!

My best Liz M