Wednesday, May 7, 2008

21 weeks

I'm getting big... and I'm letting myself enjoy it this time! I hope to post photos soon!

Last night was Tuesday and was the first, in the previous 3, that didn't end with me in the ER with contractions - it was such a nice change. Last Thursday I saw my OB and got my 17P injection and convinced her to give me procardia to help with the contractions so I didn't waste my time in the ER until 4 AM again. She agreed! I did end up taking one on Saturday when I got 6 contractions in about 10 minutes, but I haven't had anything since, which has been wonderful.

I saw my OB again on Monday where she did a cervical check and we talked for a bit. My cervix is SUPER HIGH (she actually had a really hard time reaching it) and long and closed which is the best news I could have heard. She told me she understands why I'm nervous and nothing besides getting through the next 2 months will help but she said she thinks its in my best interest to see her every 2 weeks instead of every week because she feels its too much stress for me. She wants me to keep my feet up when I'm home and continue to drink lots of fluids. Baby is very active now and I get kicked so much more than I did with Arianna - I bet this one will be the one that keeps me awake at night. Everything is going really well despite the contractions and I just need to focus on the positives.

I still can't believe that in one month the baby could be born alive - not that I want that but still, its scary close. We have nothing done in preparation. Last weekend we got some used furniture from my coworker to replace all the furniture Arianna will be losing to the baby but its all stacked up in the room that will be the baby's room which still has a ton of crap in it that needs to be moved out. I doubt we'll get it done before the baby arrives, even if its full term. H/She will sleep in a bassinet in our room until 15 lbs. anyway, so they won't need a bedroom for a while. I'll just need a big basket for clothes for now.

I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine out there - today is a beautiful day as was yesterday. I love spring/summer in New England!

0 comments: