Monday, May 12, 2008

22 Weeks!

Another week down and it was pretty uneventful, thank goodness. I didn't have any repeats of the 'Tuesday night contraction-fest' and got my 17P shot.

I have to vent about these shots - I don't know if its the nurse giving it to me or what but they really hurt. I have several black and blue marks on my butt and it takes 4 or 5 days for the HUGE welt to go away after I get the shot. The injection site is really itchy for a few days and it hurts to sit down. I'm getting really tired of it and I still have a long way to go! I don't know what to do to make it better because everyone else I talk to who gets these shots says they aren't that bad... what the heck is my problem then??!

Otherwise things are going well. Last night baby decided to hang out using my uterus as a hammock and it was really really uncomfortable - I ended up going to bed early because laying down on my side was the only thing that made me slightly comfortable. Not only that but s/he was still hanging out that way at 3 AM when I got up to use the bathroom! Luckily by the time I got up s/he had shifted a bit and it wasn't so bad. By the time I got to work bean baby was 'head up' and an hour later 'head down'... s/he must love moving around so much! I don't remember Arianna moving around like this at all!

I don't have another appointment until next Monday and I hope everything is still going well then! I'm coming up on 'viability' and that's super scary for me - baby is only a little over a pound right now! I'm not going to worry about that too much though - we're going to go much farther than last time. I dream of a take-home baby all the time, so it must be a sign! :-)

0 comments: