Thursday, May 29, 2008

25 weeks

I narrowly averted getting admitted to L&D last night. My hips were absolutely killing me - walking hurt, sitting hurt and I was getting contractions. I took 10 mg. of nifedipine but after an hour nothing seemed to help my hip pain so I went to the ER.

My cervix is 'soft' and finger tip dilated... and I'm officially freaking out. I had a negative on my fFN test. I have an appointment with my doctor at 11:15 today. Tuesday I had an ultrasound and was 3.3 cm which was a loss of 1/2 cm. in one week. Things are happening fast now and the doctor covering for mine said he was very worried about me tearing through my cerclage. The resident I saw at first talked about steroid shots....

I just started crying - how did I go from 3 cm and everything great to them talking about steroid and admitting me?!

Bedrest is a given, I started that as soon as I got home and I'm fortunate that my work will allow me to work from home.

I'm getting scared now - I'm only 25 weeks. Even the resident didn't express confidence I'd last another 10. Although no contractions showed up on the strip it wasn't all quiet so they think I'm 'irritable'... and I didn't feel any of it.

ugh - Please keep me in your good thoughts today. I hope to update this afternoon!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Jen,
I am praying for you. Keep that baby in!!

blogauthor said...

Hi there;

I stumbled upon your site while doing, of all things, an image search for (certain hospital's) NICU operating room. I'm hoping to read through your entries as soon as I can, but I wanted you to know I'm planning to link to you on my own blog.

Most of all, I'm sending you thoughts of strength and peace as you begin bed rest. Your desire to have a "normal" pregnancy is completely understandable to me, as you'll read below, and I want it for you without even knowing you!

I'd love to connect with you, perhaps via e-mail, if you're willing. My daughter was born Oct. 24 at 25 weeks and four days after I developed severe pre-ecclampsia. My blog's a chronological journey in an attempt to heal from the experience, teach others and find common connections.

She's doing great, btw. I'm very fortunate that she had no complications.

Please take care,
Christina