Thursday, May 22, 2008

24 weeks

Today marks 'viability'. I'm trying to not celebrate making this point because it was never my goal. My goal is to make it further than I did with my first pregnancy and we're still 4 weeks 6 days from that. But at least I know that bean baby could arrive now and we may bring a baby home.

I'm doing well - no repeats of last week (knock on wood) and I'm still as active as I have been. I'm measuring big and carrying pretty high so I'm out of breath alot and even now, just sitting here, I'm out of breath and its really annoying. I hope its just the position bean baby is in today.

Otherwise everything is progressing just fine and I get to complain about normal pregnancy stuff... so I'll start that here for levity.

* Whose stupid idea were maternity jeans? Seriously - the stretchy band is either too low causing your pants to FALL OFF when you bend over or the band is high causing the top of the jean material to totally dig into your stomach making you look 'fat' when you sit down! I'm sick and tired of them but its all I have minus one dress and one black skirt - so I'll be investing in some skirts and summer dresses tomorrow because they're much more comfortable and cute than jeans/pants.

* I didn't have a foot swelling problem with #1 but boy oh boy do I have it now! I haven't been able to wear sneakers for a good month now and I need a pedicure! My heels are nasty. To save money I usually do it myself but its SO hard to bend down to do it now and there is no way I'm letting hubby near my feet (he's a little 'rough'). Spend the money on a pedicure or pay off the car before kid comes so I can stay home in the fall? Hmm... I think I'll invest in lotion and wear socks to bed.

* Bloody noses - I'm really sick and tired of waking up with one EVERY DAY, not to mention that my nose is ALWAYS stuffed up. I've been using a nasonex nasal spray for months now but its not really being very affective anymore. At this point in pregnancy #1 my nose wasn't bothering me at all - what's up?

* Weight gain. I've stopped looking at the scale because I know it ain't pretty. I tell the nurse every week "I'm closing my eyes, tell me if there's a problem, otherwise I don't want to know". I did this with Arianna too and by the time she was born I was up 30 lbs. I probably am this time too :(

I guess I'll just have to suffer through it - and its worth it if I get to term.

Meeting with my doula this weekend and I'm very excited! I hope everyone has a great long weekend!

0 comments: