Friday, May 30, 2008

Consistancy...

I can't tell you how upset and relieved I am right now.

I went to see my regular OB yesterday, the one who really knows me, and she did an exam and I had an ultrasound. Not only is my cervical length the same it was on Tuesday (3.3 cm) but I'm not soft and certainly NOT dilated. She can't explain why the resident told me I was... but that's why she's my doctor and the resident isn't.

I went to the hospital for reassurance on the increased amount of pressure/pain in my hips and instead left thinking I was going to have another 28 weeker. I have Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction which basically means my hips feel like they're on fire all the time - most likely my hips are out of alignment due to some injuries I suffered while skydiving (bad landings on my butt, nearly breaking my tail bone etc.) - so for the remainder of my pregnancy I will have severe hip pain and it will mostly likely get worse. How fair is this? How fair is it that I'm already neurotic about every twinge and have to deal with this? It's not fair but lots of people deal with stuff that isn't 'fair' in life and I just have to suck it up. At least I have a name for it now and know that I'm not really crazy - this really is painful and there isn't much they can do.

So, not only am I not helping my neurotic/paranoid high risk pregnancy thoughts, but the hospital didn't help either. My doctor was really nice about all of this and simply said "I'll see you next week but you're doing really good, there isn't anything happening right now out of the ordinary"... she, thankfully didn't say "try to not worry" because I think she knows that's impossible.

Thanks again for the kind thoughts everyone - they seem to do the trick because, once again, it was a false alarm :)

1 comments:

Cristi said...

Chalk it up to answered prayer.