Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another update

So its about quarter of 8 PM and my contractions are picking up again and they're definitely different from yesterday - I don't get much warning before the peak it happens very suddenly and there's stabbing pain with it so I hope that stabbing pain is in my cervix, meaning its breaking up the scar tissue!

Hubby and I haven't done much of anything today - he still feels yucky and I'm just exhausted so we've been vegging around the house trying to rest (I did manage about 5 hours of sleep all day but the only thing I've managed to eat was 3/4 of a strawberry poppy seed salad from Panera Bread and a yogurt smoothie from Dunkin Donuts). I spent about 30 min. on the birthing ball and we went for a short walk around the neighborhood. I think it took the terb about 12 hours to wear off because the contrax didn't come back regularly until after 4 PM - that stuff works fast, let me tell you! I was having contrax every min. on the strip and then they gave me the terb and it QUICKLY slowed to every 10 min. It was amazing how fast it worked.

After I do this update I'm going to get back on the birth ball for a little while and see if do these psuedo squats will help spread my hips and allow my cervix to break up. We'll probably be back at the ER again tonight but I won't be calling Tina until I get an exam and can be sure I'm progressing some. If the exam at the hospital is uneventful we'll head home and I'll make an appointment to see my OB tomorrow and see if she'll break up my scar tissue for me. The big reason the doc in the ER wouldn't do it fully is that I'm only 36 weeks so not technically full term. The doc that was covering my group was really busy last night (full moon has some truth in it!) so he didn't get to come down to the ER but I know if he could have he would have helped break it up - he told me so when I saw him on Thursday.

So that's it for now. Arianna is being an angel for grandma and grandpa and they're happy to keep her for another night - we'll pick her up in the morning so she can go to daycare and give grandpa a break (who is just newly laid off and has an abundance of free time).

25weeks: My hubby says the same thing. Pregnancy is very morbid, you get very excited about seeing a woman in pain "Ya, Jen is miserable, that's awesome!" LOL!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must check your blog 10 times per day!!!
Sally