Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pictures!

Hello everyone!

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting pictures and details 'out there'. Unfortunately Daria is a pumpkin head - no lie, 36 cm. head circumference! She dislocated my tailbone and gave me a 3rd degree tear so I've been too uncomfortable to sit for too long and I've got some serious edema going on in my feet (can't even wear flip flops) so even standing is painful.

But - she's wonderful. We went home on Thursday, she's officially a 'take home kid' and she's eating magnificently. It's really nice to have a baby that will actually feed at the breast this time. She's only lost weight until discharge - going from 7.14 to 7.6 and has been gaining really well since. I imagine when she gets weighed on Wednesday that she'll be above her birth weight. Even better was that her bilirubin levels were great and we haven't had to do lights or anything out of the ordinary.

It was a little surreal to go through Arianna's baby clothes and realize that much of the clothes she wore for her first 6 months are actually going to be too small for her sister. Otherwise she's a great little lady and we're truely blessed to have her in our lives - I'm so in love with her chubby cheeks!








With big sister Arianna, who is so in love with her 'baby'

1 comments:

Jen said...

She's beautiful!! Congrats on getting a "take home" baby!