Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Update

So I went to my OBs office for a 10:15 appointment and we're making some (very slow) progress. I'm 100% effaced, kid is fully engaged (don't know the station) and I'm now 1.5 cm dilated... so 1/2 cm. I'll take it - its better than nothing! I scored a 9 on my bishop scale (which is the 'how good is this person for an induction' rating) and a 9 is good - so if they could/would induce, I'd be golden... but my hospital doesn't do any kind of induction until 39 weeks.

So, encouraged by the appointment, I decided to go walking at the mall. I walked for nearly an hour and stopped to get some sorbet (shhh... don't tell my doc). I've had what feels like one solid contraction since then, not painful but overall tightness that just won't give up - I hope that's a good sign!

I'm really tired now so I'm going to go lay down and take a nap and hope these continue on their own.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!JEN...seems like not long ago you were in your first trimester. You are going to have this baby soon, it's amazing how time flew (well, for me anyway, ha) Can't wait to hear about the arrival of your new little one.

Best wishes for a smooth& easy delivery!

Happy Hugs,
Ann